Artist Proof Sale
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Artist Proof Sale Submissions Accepted Thursday, November 2 to Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Open Studio’s 33nd Annual Artist Proof Sale & Open House Fundraiser
Deadline for Submissions: 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Opening Night: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 6 – 9 PM
Continues to Friday, December 22, 2017
Open Studio invites contributions of artist proofs or monoprints (no editioned prints or bookworks please) for the 2017 Artist Proof Sale fundraiser.
- Acceptable media include any work that is (in whole or major part): aquatint, collagraph, engraving, etching, linocut, lithography, mezzotint, monoprint, monotype, pochoir (stencil), relief, screenprint, wood engraving, woodcut. No archival digital or giclée prints please, unless one of the above approved media is incorporated.
- Maximum paper size 22” x 30”.
- Works that are damaged (ripped, dented, smudged) will not be included in the sale. All works should be unframed.
- Minimum selling price of $50, maximum price of $400. Work submitted must be priced in accordance with the current retail prices (i.e. do not mark down a work priced at $500 to sell for $400).
- Open Studio takes a 50% commission on the sale of each work. If you wish to donate your portion to Open Studio, you will receive a charitable receipt for your portion of the selling price, i.e. full sale minus the 50% commission.
- Artists may submit up to 4 (four) artist proofs or monoprints. We will endeavour to hang all work received; however, based on space available and number of prints received, we reserve the right to not include everything. If we find it necessary to remove some prints from the sale, we will prioritize hanging at least one work by each artist.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Prior to submitting your prints, you must complete the online submission form.
- E-mail corresponding images to email@example.com.
- Digital images will be used to sell artwork via our Print Sales website for the duration of the sale, so please make sure that your images are accurate and appropriate representations of the work. The better your images, the better the chance they will sell. Please ensure that all images are clear, in focus, well-lit, on a neutral background, and only include the artwork. The digital portion of your submission may be completed immediately.
- You may drop off your artwork in person or send it by mail, no earlier than November 2nd. Please ensure that all submitted prints include a printed copy of the PDF version of the submission form attached to the confirmation email, to make it clear which submission the prints belong with.
- Works must be received in excellent condition and meet professional presentation criteria as established by Open Studio. Works deemed to be damaged will not included. If you are unsure how to pack your work, please refer to our packing instructions to prevent damage to your artwork in transit.
- The artist is responsible for the cost of mailing the work. Address artwork to:
Artist Proof Sale
c/o Open Studio
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 104
Toronto ON M5V 3A8
- If you are dropping off your work in person, our office hours are: Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday from noon to 5:00 pm.
Deadline for submissions: All prints and digital submission forms must be received no later than 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. The submission form may be submitted immediately; however, please do not submit actual prints until November 2nd. Please ensure that all submitted prints include a printed copy of the PDF version of the form submission from the submission confirmation email you will receive, to make it clear which submission the prints belong with.
HOW TO PICK UP:
- Please be advised that you are responsible for picking up or arranging for return of any unsold works.
- Artwork may be picked up between January 10-31, 2018, unless a prior arrangement has been made. We are not able to send reminders; any artwork left after January 31st without prior arrangement will be considered a full donation to Open Studio. No tax receipt will be issued.
- Postage fees for works to be returned by mail must be covered by the artist. Please use only stamps or postage reply coupons; no prepaid, dated postage meter tapes.
Questions? Please call 416-504-8238 or email Print Sales Manager, Astrid Ho. For additional event details, please click here. Thank you for supporting Open Studio! We look forward to receiving your submissions.