Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency
Submission Deadline: May 15
Submissions must be received by Open Studio by 11:59 pm EST (GMT -5) on May 15.
Through the generous support of Jeannie Thib’s family, friends and colleagues, Open Studio is proud to provide this annual residency for emerging printmakers. The Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency is given to an artist in the early stages of their professional career.
The Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency is given to an artist in the early stages of their professional career, who has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to their practice within the last one to five years. Submissions much reflect the applicant’s recent professional development initiatives in one or more of the following areas: active exhibiting practice, participation in artist residencies, or successful grant awards.
The residency recipient will receive the following:
- Rent free access to the studio facilities for a period of two consecutive months between September in the calendar year the residency is awarded and June of the following year.
- Up to 16 hours of mentoring with an established print media artist to hone the recipient’s technical skills and provide career development support.
- Materials up to $300, to be purchased through Open Studio.
The residency recipient will be required to:
- Use the studio time to its fullest.
- Be available to meet with the mentor an average of 2-3 hours each week of the residency.
- Provide the Studio with one proof from every edition printed during the residency period. These proofs will become part of the Open Studio archives.
- Provide the Studio with one fundraising proof.
- Present an artist talk.
- Upon completion of the residency, provide the Studio with a letter/report detailing the technical skills gained and career support received through the Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency opportunity.
Submissions will be juried and notification sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition. No telephone or email inquiries, please. The Selection Committee is comprised of 3 jurors as follows:
- A member of Open Studio’s Programming Committee
- An Open Studio artist (member or renter)
- An arts educator who has not been cited as a reference in any of the applications under consideration.
Open Studio’s Technical Director attends this meeting but does not vote.
For our general eligibility guidelines, please click here.