Nick Novak Fellowship
Submission Deadline: May 15
Submissions must be received by Open Studio by 11:59 pm EST (GMT -5) on May 15.
Please note that only current Open Studio Artist Members who have been a member for a minimum of one year are eligible to be considered for the Nick Novak Fellowship.
The fellowship recipient will receive the following:
- Rent free access to the studio facilities for a period of one year starting the September following your application submission. There will be a minimum stay of 8 months.
- Materials assistance up to a maximum of $1000
- Assistance for professional workshops up to a maximum of $500
- Tuition free access to workshops and one eight-week class offered by Open Studio. (Subject to courses having met minimum enrollment and having not exceeded the maximum).
- Exhibition with an artist fee in accordance with the CARFAC schedule.
- Open Studio is equipped for artists working with photographic, digital and other hybrid art forms within print media.
The fellowship recipient will be required to:
- Provide the Studio with one proof from every edition printed during the fellowship period. These proofs become part of the Open Studio archives.
- Provide the Studio with two fundraising proofs.
- Maintain a consistent art production during the tenure of the fellowship.
- Present an artist talk at the opening reception of their exhibition.
Submissions will be juried and notification sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition. No telephone or email inquiries, please. The Selection Committee is comprised of 3 jurors as follows:
- A member of Open Studio’s Programming Committee
- An Open Studio artist (member or renter)
- An arts educator who has not been cited as a reference in any of the applications under consideration.
Open Studio’s Technical Director attends this meeting but does not vote.
For our general eligibility guidelines, please click here.