April 22, 2015
Call for Open Studio’s 45th Anniversary Exhibition
Calling all artists that have been associated with Open Studio any time in the past 45 years to celebrate this significant anniversary by submitting artwork for an exhibition to take place July 30th to August 14th, 2015 with a possibility of extension of another week to August 22nd. The opening reception would be the evening of July 30th, details to be announced.
From its humble beginnings in a storefront on Queen St. West in 1970 to the impressive facility at 401 Richmond Street today, Open Studio has grown and evolved to occupy a crucial place in the arts artistic community locally, regionally and nationally as a centre dedicated to the production and promotion of contemporary original fine art prints.
We encourage all artists who are past or current members, past or current renters, visiting artists, board members, scholarship recipients, exhibitors in the Open Studio galleries and/or staff to join us in what we expect will be an extensive exhibit of the strength, beauty and diversity of print media today.
The following requirements must be met:
- An email informing of your intention to participate on or before May 30th at email@example.com.
- The theme is open and subject matter is entirely the prerogative of the artist.
- 1-2 prints (one for exhibition and an extra print for sale is optional).
- Works submitted can represent a wide range of print media-based approaches from traditional to experimental, including work that although not produced using traditional printmaking techniques, shares through its conceptual concerns a relationship to printmaking.
- The dimensions of the work must be 12″ x 12″ inches and two-dimensional although the image area may be smaller.
- Enclose a CV and a one-page bio that includes information about when and how you were or are associated with Open Studio as well as a brief statement about the piece in the exhibition. In addition, send a digital copy to the above email address.
- The Work must be received by June 30th. Please include appropriate re-packaging and a paid shipping account number if you wish your work to be returned to you. Unclaimed work or work that is received without return arrangements will be considered donations to Open Studio.
Participating artists in the Toronto area will be asked to volunteer in the gallery for a few hours during the period of the exhibition.
Organized by the Membership Committee at Open Studio
Coordinator: Susan Cunningham