March 12, 2015
Announcing RCA / Open Studio Fellowship
Announcing the RCA/Open Studio Fellowship Award
The Royal Canadian Academy of the Arts (RCA) and Open Studio are delighted to announce the creation of a new fellowship award open to all active RCA members. A new collaborative initiative, this series of annual fellowships will foster the study of print practices and support the careers of individual RCA members by creating professional development vehicles for continuous education. This project is open to all active RCA members regardless of their proficiency in print.
THE RCA/OPEN STUDIO FELLOWSHIP AWARD WILL BEGIN IN 2015-2016
Deadline for Fellowship submissions is 11:59 EST on May 1, 2015
This amazing opportunity will allow an RCA member to create an edition of fine art prints facilitated by a skilled Open Studio printer. Together they will work to see the project come to fruition. Creativity, innovation and excellence will be the hallmarks of the chosen project. The Fellowship will be adjudicated by a juried selection committee made up of Open Studio members, RCA members and external arts professionals.
The successful 2015-2016 Fellowship recipient will receive the following:
- work with an Open Studio printer to facilitate artist’s print edition
- materials assistance
- opportunity to engage with the Open Studio community through events
- print work to be included in the Open Studio Sales Programme
- National exposure through social media
- CARFAC fees paid where appropriate – artist talks or open portfolio presentation.
For full guidelines and on-line application form please click here.