Open Studio offers printmaking classes, private instruction, tours and demos throughout the year. Our education program is ideal for beginners and advanced printmakers. Please browse our shop to learn more about different printmaking techniques including collagraph, etching, letterpress, linocut, lithography, monotype, photopolymer gravure, screenprinting, woodcut and many more. Not sure where to start? Check out our print glossary.
Health & Safety: Please note that until further notice, all studio users will be asked to wear masks during course instruction.
All courses and workshops take place at Open Studio, 401 Richmond Street West, Suite 104, Toronto, Ontario.
- Join our newsletter for schedule updates
- Our courses are open to everyone with or without printmaking experience
- Registration is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis
- We provide small class sizes
- We aim to accommodate different learning styles
- Our educational programming participation is limited to those who are over 16 years of age (permission of Parent or Guardian required if under 18)
- Our refund/credit policies are subject to change without notice
- Read our registration policy here
- Have more questions? Please email
How Private Instruction works at Open Studio:
- We pair you up with an artist-instructor who would tailor a curriculum that meets your learning goals with an estimated number of hours it would take to complete
- Costs are $40/hr
- Material fees are extra. [If one of your goals is to continue printing for yourself in the future, your instructor will guide you through acquiring relevant supplies.]
- Extra charges would apply should additional hours be required
- You and your instructor would set up scheduling according to mutual availability
- Open Studio remains a workspace that prioritizes the safety of its members, instructors and students, so we’ll continue to require that individuals wear masks in the studio
Private instruction is perfect for those looking to learn a new print technique or those wanting to accelerate their learning toward working independently in the studio. These one-on-one sessions are tailored in collaboration with your artist-instructor to meet your learning objectives. We offer discounted rates for private groups of two to three people.