Please review our visiting guide here.
Open Studio works collaboratively with artists and galleries to create unique print projects. We have skilled collaborative printers who work with each artist or gallery individually. Our main focus is in etching, relief, screenprinting, lithography and letterpress. We also work with experimental, digital, and hybrid forms of printmaking and are here to help you from start to finish. Not sure where to start? Check out our print glossary.
UPDATE: Proof of Vaccination
Please note that until further notice, all education programs (including private instruction) and custom printing, require the participants to provide proof of vaccination.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. We have policies and procedures in place for working safely in our studio, based on public health recommendations. Because of the extended periods of time our printers spend with custom printing clients together in the studio, Open Studio will require all custom printers and clients to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 when beginning their project(s). Please provide the following:
- Receipt of your second vaccination (paper or digital). Download vaccine receipts here
- Proof of identification that lists your name and date of birth (FAQs here)
SCHEDULING CUSTOM PRINTING
Each project is different and we are happy to talk to you about what you’re looking for and get you an estimate.
For more information, or to discuss your project, please fill out our form here.
- Sessions are organized on an as-needed basis.
- Sessions are dependent on studio/printer availability.
- Sessions are scheduled for a minimum period of four hours, at a cost of $40/hour*.
- The cost of materials is extra and the printer can offer recommendations.
- *HST will be charged on the subtotal that includes labour and materials.
- A 50% deposit is required to begin the scheduled session.
- We are currently limiting participation to those who are over 16 years of age (permission of Parent or Guardian required if under 18).
- Note: we offer project estimates and make every attempt to be accurate, but as studio work begins with our printers, the final costs may fluctuate up or down. Our estimates are based on variables such as the required number of impressions, the medium used, colour changes and physical print size.
Are you looking for one-on-one / private instruction?
A one-on-one/private instruction scenario is often the best option for artists to acquire the knowledge and experience needed to further their practice or execute a project. Click here for more details. Have more questions? Please email.