FUTURE PROOF call for submissions is now open, apply by March 6th, 2023, 11:59 pm ET.
Auction Site coming spring 2023!
We are excited to announce FUTURE PROOF 2023, a virtual auction fundraiser, coming this spring. If you’re a printmaker, now’s your chance to submit an artwork donation to support Open Studio and the future of print and compete for one of three cash awards!
FUTURE PROOF is an annual virtual auction of stunning artwork to browse, bid on, and buy outright. The online auction will feature a juried selection of prints alongside a curated collection of contemporary art by artists from the wider Toronto arts community who support Open Studio.
PRINTMAKERS – CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
NOTE: This is a digital submission call! Selected artists will be asked to drop off work after digital submissions are reviewed. Selection of works for the auction will occur via digital submission, and jurying for prizes will occur in person.
🏆 3 Cash Prizes to be Won 🏆
Best in Print: $1,000
Honourable Mentions in Print: $500 and $250!
- Open to all printmakers: local, national & international!
- Apply by March 6 using the digital form below.
- Selected work drop off by April 3.
- *Submissions are treated as donations.
- Works must be valued between $250 – $999.
- One submission per artist.
- **All print mediums welcome.
- Any edition, including monotypes, etc.
- No size limitations but be mindful of shipping/handling.
- Selected works must be unframed.
- The auction will include 70 lots in total.
- Three print artists will be awarded cash prizes.
*Tax receipts available upon request for donated work.
**Accepted mediums: all printmaking processes are welcome, including mixed media prints. A note on digital prints: prints incorporating digital media and processes must also include an element of analog printmaking to be eligible for the auction and juried prize. Solely digital prints, photography and photocopies will not be included.
We look forward to your submissions, and thank you for participating and supporting Open Studio and the future of print!
Interested in donating? Click here and help us secure the future of print!