Open Studio offers printmaking courses, private instruction (see below), tours and demos throughout the year.
We run a variety of education courses in Fall, Winter and Spring, ranging from 6-week core courses (screenprinting, etching, lithography) to one-day special topic workshops. The vast majority of our courses are suitable for beginners with no experience required.
Please browse our shop to learn more about different printmaking techniques including collagraph, etching, letterpress, linocut, lithography, monotype, photopolymer gravure, screenprinting, woodcut and many more. Not sure where to start? Check out our print glossary.
We regularly update our shop page to feature new classes and weekend workshops. Private instruction is also available. Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t Find a Course You Like? No worries! We also offer private instruction tailored to your specific interests and needs so you can embark on a personalized printmaking journey.
- We pair you up with an artist-instructor who would tailor a curriculum that meets your learning goals with an estimated number of hours it would take to complete.
- Costs are $42 per hour. One 4-hour (minimum) session would come to $168.
- Material fees are extra. If one of your goals is to continue printing for yourself in the future, your instructor will guide you through acquiring relevant supplies. Otherwise, material fee would be $22 per session (this fee may change depending on printmaking medium).
- Extra charges would apply should additional hours be required (session time is measured by half-hour, rounded up).
- Scheduling would be set up between you and your instructor according to mutual availability.
- Please note that Open Studio remains a workspace that prioritizes the safety of our members, instructors and students so we’ll continue to require the wearing of masks in the studio at all times.