Please review our visiting guide here.
Private instruction is perfect for those looking to learn a new print technique or to work on a project hands-on in the studio with one of our collaborative print instructors. We offer private instruction in etching, lithography, letterpress, photopolymer gravure, photo-litho and screen printing. If you have two or three people you want to work with, we can also arrange instruction for your private group.
UPDATE: Education Program – Proof of Vaccination
Please note that until further notice, all education programs (including private instruction) and custom printing, require the participants to provide proof of vaccination.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. We have policies and procedures in place for working safely in our studio, based on public health recommendations. Because of the extended periods of time instructors and education participants spend together in the studio, Open Studio will require all students and instructors to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 when arriving for the first day of class. Please provide the following:
- Enhanced Vaccine Certificate [QR code], paper or digital copy. Available for download here
- Proof of identification that lists your name and date of birth (FAQs here)
SCHEDULING PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
Each project is different and we are happy to talk to you about what you’re looking for and get you an estimate.
For more information, or to discuss your project, please email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
- Sessions are organized on an as-needed basis.
- Sessions are scheduled with the learner based on their needs.
- Sessions are dependent on studio/instructor availability.
- Sessions are scheduled for a minimum period of four hours, at a cost of $40/hour*.
- The cost of materials is extra and the instructor can offer recommendations.
- *HST will be charged on the subtotal that includes labour and materials.
- A 50% deposit is required to begin the scheduled session.
- We are currently limiting educational programming participation to those who are over 16 years of age (permission of Parent or Guardian required if under 18).
- One-on-one scenarios do not include and/or guarantee access to the Open Studio facilities outside of the agreed-upon supervised time frame.
A one-on-one scenario is often the best option for artists to acquire the knowledge and experience needed to further their practice or execute a project; however, if you are looking to accomplish a project requiring specific expertise or have limited time to master the skills needed to realize a project, you may want to consider our Custom Printing Program instead.
If you’re looking to bring in a group, please take a look at our Studio Tours & Demos options.