Private instruction is perfect for those looking to learn a new print technique or to work on a project hands-on in the studio with one of our collaborative print instructors. We offer private instruction in etching, lithography, letterpress, photopolymer gravure, photo-litho and screen printing. If you have two or three people you want to work with, we can also arrange instruction for your private group.
SCHEDULING PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
How Private Instruction works at Open Studio:
- We pair you up with an artist-instructor who would tailor a curriculum that meets your learning goals with an estimated number of hours it would take to complete
- Costs are $40/hr
- Material fees are extra. [If one of your goals is to continue printing for yourself in the future, your instructor will guide you through acquiring relevant supplies.]
- Extra charges would apply should additional hours be required
- You and your instructor would set up scheduling according to mutual availability
- Open Studio remains a workspace that prioritizes the safety of its members, instructors and students, so we’ll continue to require that individuals wear masks in the studio
Private instruction is perfect for those looking to learn a new print technique or those wanting to accelerate their learning toward working independently in the studio. These one-on-one sessions are tailored in collaboration with your artist-instructor to meet your learning objectives. We offer discounted rates for private groups of two to three people.