Please note that the studio facilities are temporarily closed due to the pandemic. If you have questions, email the Technical Director at email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Private instruction is perfect for those looking to learn a new print technique or to work on a project hands-on in the studio with one of our collaborative print instructors. We offer private instruction in etching, lithography, letterpress, photopolymer gravure, photo-litho and screen printing. If you have two or three people you want to work with, we can also arrange instruction for your private group.
Each project is different and we are happy to talk to you about what you’re looking for and get you an estimate. Please start by filling out the Google Form below.
SCHEDULING PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
- Private instruction sessions are organized on an as-needed basis.
- Private instruction sessions are scheduled with the learner based on their needs.
- Private instruction sessions are dependent on studio/instructor availability.
- Sessions are scheduled for a minimum period of four hours, at a cost of $50/hour.
- The cost of materials is extra and the instructor can offer recommendations.
- A 50% deposit is required to begin the scheduled session.
- One-on-one scenarios do not include and/or guarantee access to the Open Studio facilities outside of the agreed-upon supervised time frame.
A one-on-one scenario is often the best option for artists to acquire the knowledge and experience needed to further their practice or execute a project; however, if you are looking to accomplish a project requiring specific expertise or have limited time to master the skills needed to realize a project, you may want to consider our Custom Printing Program instead.
If you’re looking to bring in a group, please take a look at our Studio Tours & Demos options.