Inuit Artist Creative Residency
- Inuit Artist Creative Residency 2021-22
- Inuit Artist Creative Residency 2020
- Inuit Artist Creative Residency 2016
- Residency Recipients 2022-23
- Scholarship & Fellowship Residency Recipients 2021-22
- Scholarship & Fellowship Residency Recipients 2020-21
- Scholarship & Fellowship Residency Recipients 2019-20
- Scholarship & Fellowship Residency Recipients 2018-19
Visiting Artist Residencies
Visiting Artists 2005-2006
Nadine Bariteau is a multi-media artist based in Montreal currently residing in Toronto whose work embodies a multi-media approach using mixed media video, printmaking and sculpture techniques. During her residency at Open Studio, Nadine produced a series of screenprints that are glued and moulded directly onto wooden surfaces creating a three-dimensional installation. Her images derive from video images captured in the subway system and, as exhibition brochure writer Bernard Lamarche describes, reflect on the experience of the passage of time and space in a daily routine that most of us take for granted.
Shary Boyle is a multi-media artist based in Toronto who works concurrently in drawing, painting, sculpture and performance. During her residency at Open Studio, Boyle produced a series of etchings with aquatint that continue her ongoing investigations surrounding issues of identity, mythology, sexuality and dysfunction.
Ben Reeves is a Vancouver-based artist. His large-scale series of lithographs entitled Unrecognised Heads of Unrecognised States produced during his residency at Open Studio are an extension of his signature rigorous graphite contour drawings of dense patterns, which focus on the physical surface of paintings.