Submission Deadline: Monday, May 10, 2021, 11:59 PM EST
The Emerging Printmaker Scholarship Residency (formerly the Don Phillips Scholarship) provides an emerging printmaker who has graduated within the last two years (from a post-secondary institution, college or undergraduate program with a focus on print), with a year-long residency to create and explore a specific project culminating in a final exhibition in Open Studio’s Project Space.
- An emerging* artist with print experience who has graduated from college or university (undergrad) in the last two years
- Submit contact information of one academic reference familiar with your work
- The artist must demonstrate the ability to work safely in a print studio
*Emerging: artists in the early years of their artistic careers who have either a small exhibition record (up to three years) or no exhibition record..
- Twelve months of studio access*
- Education to one 4-week class
- $800 materials bursary
- Storage for the duration of residency
- Solo Project Space exhibition and a $500 artist fee
- $300 artist talk fee
- Promotion through Open Studio’s marketing initiatives
- Print sales consignment will be considered
- The opportunity to make contacts within Open Studio’s printmaking community
*Minimum stay of eight consecutive months. Please note that while Open Studio does not provide financial support for travel or accommodation, we are happy to supply artists accepted to the program with a letter of support to be used for funding applications.
- Maintain a consistent art production schedule during the tenure of the residency period
- Artist talk to discuss the process/project
- Open Studio may request up to two fundraising prints
Submissions will be juried and notifications sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition.
READY TO APPLY?
Please fill out the application form below. If you do not see the form below, check back closer to the submission date. Most applications are opened for submission a month before the deadline. If you have questions, please email us, we would be happy to help.