Submission Deadline: Monday, May 10, 2021, 11:59 PM EST
Through the generous support of an anonymous donor, the Hexagon Mid-Career Artist Member Residency provides a mid-career (or established) Open Studio artist member with six consecutive months of studio time to explore and create a specific project.
- Please note that only current Open Studio artist members* are eligible to be considered for the residency
- The artist member must be a current Open Studio mid-career** or an established artist
- Recipients may apply more than once and receive this fellowship more than once but must wait at least two years between the completion of this residency to apply again
*To find out how you can become a member of our community of artists, click here.
**Mid-career or Established: artists with an exhibition record minimum of 5 years.
- Six months of consecutive studio access
- $500 materials bursary
- Storage for the duration of residency
- $300 artist talk fee
- Promotion through Open Studio’s marketing initiatives
- Print sales consignment will be considered
- Maintain a consistent art production schedule during the tenure of the residency period
- Artist talk to discuss the process/project
- Open Studio may request up to two fundraising prints
Submissions will be juried and notifications sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition.
READY TO APPLY?
Please fill out the application form below. If you do not see the form below, check back closer to the submission date. Most applications are opened for submission a month before the deadline. If you have questions, please email us, we would be happy to help.