Submission Deadline: Monday, May 31, 2021, 11:59 PM EST
COVID-19 Update: Please note that accommodations will be made for health and safety protocols in the studio as necessary. Residencies would begin in the fall of 2021 at the earliest and may be delayed until the spring of 2022.
Founded in memory of Jeannie Thib, the Jeannie Thib Emerging Artist Member Residency provides an emerging Open Studio artist member* with six consecutive months of studio time to explore and create a specific project.
*Most of our opportunities are open to the public, and some are specifically for our membership. If you would like to find out how to become an Open Studio Artist Member, please click here.
- Please note that only current Open Studio artist members* are eligible to be considered for the residency
- The artist member must be a current Open Studio emerging** artist member
*To find out how you can become a member of our community of artists, click here.
**Emerging: artists in the early years of their artistic careers who have either a small exhibition record (up to three years) or no exhibition record.
- Six months of consecutive studio access
- $500 materials bursary
- Storage for the duration of the residency
- $300 artist talk fee
- Promotion through Open Studio’s marketing initiatives
- Opportunity to sell artwork through Open Studio Shop
- Maintain a consistent art production schedule during the tenure of the residency period
- Artist talk to discuss the process/project
- Open Studio may request up to two fundraising prints
Submissions will be juried and notifications sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition.
READY TO APPLY?
Please fill out the application form below. If you do not see the form below, check back closer to the submission date. Most applications are opened for submission a month before the deadline. If you have questions, please email us, we would be happy to help.