Submission Deadline: Call for Applications Now Closed
The Main Gallery is Open Studio’s largest exhibition space. It is juried through an open call for submissions, in addition to curated projects. Exhibition scheduling is programmed to coincide with exhibition dates in the Project Space gallery.
Through our exhibition programming, we aim to encourage audience connection to the evolving medium of print as it relates to contemporary culture and to foster a diverse and expansive view of printmaking. For further information, we encourage all applicants to read Open Studio’s Gallery Information page here, which outlines our Programming Mandate and Curatorial Vision.
We are open to your ideas and welcome proposals for solo and group exhibitions. Open Studio is dedicated to engaging and supporting all individuals and prioritizes applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including racialized persons: Black, Indigenous, People(s) of Colour (BIPOC); persons with disabilities, persons living with mental illness, and persons of all sexual orientations, and gender identities/expressions.
ELIGIBILITY & BENEFITS
Please note that our current exhibition call is directed to artists who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People(s) of Colour.
• Public call: proposals by individual artists, groups and curators are encouraged
• CARFAC Artist Fees are paid
• Curatorial and installation support as required
• Promotion through Open Studio’s marketing initiatives
• Possibility for prints to be consigned for sale through the Open Studio Shop
• The opportunity to make contacts within Open Studio’s printmaking community
• We welcome local, national, and international applications, but please note that the artist(s) is responsible for exhibition shipping fees/artwork pick-up and drop off
JURYING & NOTIFICATION
Submissions will be juried and notification sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline.
Exhibition submissions are selected by a jury consisting of:
• Open Studio’s Curator & Collections Manager
• A member of the Open Studio’s Programming Committee
• An Open Studio artist member
• Two external jurors from the wider arts community
All applicants will be notified of the outcome. Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
To view a floor plan of the gallery click here.
READY TO APPLY?
Please fill out the application form below. If you do not see the form below, check back closer to the submission date. Most applications are open for submissions a month before the deadline. If you have questions, please email us, we would be happy to help.