Call for Instructors
Submission Deadline: Accepted on ongoing basis
Applicants are encouraged to apply for one of our 8-week classes in lithography, etching, or water-based screenprinting. Classes run on Monday and Tuesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 pm and are offered three times a year beginning in early October, February and May.
In addition to our 8-week courses we also accept proposals for a variety of printmaking workshops. Workshops run on weekends and consist of 10-14 hours of instruction. Depending on the amount of student preparation, workshops can be held on a Saturday and Sunday of one weekend or can be spread over two weekends.
The rate of pay is $30.00 per hour. Please review our education program prior to submitting your proposal.
Instructors will prepare a written course outline, design and implement a curriculum in the appropriate medium, provide printmaking instruction to students and act as a technical resource during our eight week and workshop programs. Instructors are responsible for ensuring safe and appropriate use of the studio and equipment, familiarizing students with the safe handling and use of materials and tools, etc. Instructors are also responsible for, and will supervise, cleanup of the studio following classes. Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Be a practicing artist and/or have proven expertise in the appropriate printmaking media
- Be familiar with studio equipment and its use
- Have previous teaching experience or proven excellence in communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for teaching
- Be familiar with printmaking health and safety procedures
How to Apply:
- Submit a course proposal indicating past experience teaching
- Current CV
- Please note that we can connect you with past instructors if you require assistance in creating a course curriculum.
- Subject line: “Call for Instructors” to: email@example.com.