Hexagon Special Projects Fellowship Residency
Submission Deadline: Monday, May 10, 2021, 11:59 PM EST.
About & Eligibility
Through the generous support of an anonymous donor, Hexagon Special Projects provides annual fellowships to artist members. The intention is to foster and promote the study of print practices and to create professional development vehicles to support individual artist members and their careers. The award creates an opportunity for a mid-career or established artist to have six consecutive months of studio time to create and complete a specific project. Creativity, innovation and excellence will be the hallmarks of the chosen project.
Please note that only current Open Studio artist members are eligible to be considered for the Hexagon Special Projects Fellowship. The applicant must be a mid-career or established artist over 40 years of age and a Member in good standing of Open Studio for a minimum of 3 years. Fellowship recipients may apply more than once and receive this fellowship more than once but must wait at least three (3) years between completion of this fellowship and/or the Nick Novak Fellowship to submit another application.
The fellowship recipient will receive the following:
- Open Studio is equipped for artists working with photographic, digital and other hybrid art forms within print media.
- Rent free access to Open Studio’s facilities for a period of six consecutive months between July in the calendar year the Fellowship is awarded and June of the following year.
- Materials up to $400 to be purchased through Open Studio for use during the tenure of the residency. Materials fees beyond this budget will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Promotion through Open Studio via website and other marketing initiatives.
- Print sales consignment will be considered.
- The opportunity to make contacts within Open Studio’s printmaking community in Toronto.
The fellowship recipient will be required to:
- Maintain a consistent art production schedule during the tenure of the mentorship.
- Present one artist talk at the end discussing the final project.
- Provide the studio with two fundraising prints.
- Provide the printer with one printer’s proof from each edition.
Submissions will be juried and notification sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition.
APPLY BY FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW