Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency
Submission Deadline: May 15
Submissions must be received by Open Studio by 11:59 pm EST on May 15.
Through the generous support of Jeannie Thib’s family, friends and colleagues, Open Studio is proud to provide this annual residency for emerging printmakers. The Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency is given to an artist in the early stages of their professional career.
The Jeannie Thib Mentorship Residency is given to an artist in the early stages of their professional career, who has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to their practice within the last one to five years. Submissions must reflect the applicant’s recent professional development initiatives in one or more of the following areas: active exhibiting practice, participation in artist residencies, or successful grant awards.
The residency recipient will receive the following:
- Open Studio is equipped for artists working with photographic, digital and other hybrid art forms within print media.
- Rent free access to Open Studio’s facilities for a period of two consecutive months between September in the calendar year the residency is awarded and June of the following year.
- Up to 16 hours of mentoring with an established print media artist to hone the recipient’s technical skills and provide career development support.
- Materials up to $300 to be purchased through Open Studio for use during the tenure of the residency. Materials fees beyond this budget will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Promotion through Open Studio via website and other marketing initiatives.
- Print sales consignment will be considered.
- The opportunity to make contacts within Open Studio’s printmaking community in Toronto.
The residency recipient will be required to:
- Maintain a consistent art production schedule during the tenure of the mentorship.
- Be available to meet with the mentor an average of 2-3 hours each week of the residency.
- Present one artist talk at the end discussing the final project.
- Provide the studio with two fundraising prints.
- Provide the printer with one printer’s proof from each edition.
Submissions will be juried and notification sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition.