September 1, 2021
Visiting Open Studio
Public Access to our Galleries, Physical Shop & Office
Please note that we will not require our visitors to provide proof of vaccination at this time per the province of Ontario’s guidelines (PDF here). The proof of vaccination approach “focuses on higher-risk indoor public settings where face coverings cannot always be worn.” Masks are worn at all times on our premises, and we are implementing additional cleaning of high-touch surfaces and maintaining appropriate physical distancing in our space. Hand sanitizer and disposable masks are also available on site for visitors. Open Studio occupies 6,400 square feet, has high ceilings, and excellent ventilation systems in place.
We will continue to adjust our policies following updates from public health authorities. Everyone’s safety is our top priority, and if you have any questions, please get in touch with us by email.
- Our galleries, office and physical shop are open Tuesday to Saturday, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (EST)*.
- We are currently allowing only five visitors at a time in our front-of-house space and recommend booking access to view current exhibitions using the booking app at the bottom of each exhibition weblink.
- Our online shop is always open, with curbside pickup available during office hours.
- Our space is wheelchair accessible. There is street-level access into the 401 Richmond Building West from the new Richmond St. entrance (northeast corner of the building).
- 401 Richmond West building hours: Tuesday to Friday, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm*.
- *If you are unable to access the building, call our office at 416-504-8238.
Health & Safety Precautions
- Prior to visiting, please perform a self-check. Please postpone your visit if you are not feeling well.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building.
- Use hand sanitizer where available and keep a physical distance of two metres.
- We are currently allowing only five visitors at a time in our front-of-house space.
- We are cleaning high-touch surfaces and have disposable masks and sanitizer available on site.
Access to our Studio Facilities
- Studio facilities are open 24/7 for pre-approved members only (who have received a studio orientation).
- New member orientations will resume in the fall; join our waitlist here.
- Pre-approved members must have a studio and a building fob to access the space.
- Approved members can book one area at a time (two people per area, studio occupancy set at twenty to accomodate classes and instructors).
- Booking slots: six-hour time-slots, which can be booked in consecutive blocks if you require more time.
- Members can purchase rent + book equipment online here.
- Masks required and social distancing maintained; members are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their areas.
- Note: Members must sign our usage policies & health and safety waiver; please email to receive it.
If you have questions, please send us an email.
Stay safe and well,
The Open Studio Team
Open Studio’s Social Media Channels: Instagram; Facebook; Twitter
Join our mailing list here.
Want to support Open Studio further? Please consider making a donation! Every bit helps fulfill our mission to provide access to a barrier-free, inclusive and affordable printmaking facility in downtown Toronto. Thank you for your support!
Categorised in: News