September 1, 2021
Visiting Open Studio
Public Access to our Galleries, Physical Shop & Office
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. Please note that we will not require our visitors to provide proof of vaccination at this time, except for those taking part in our education program (please read more below). The proof of vaccination approach “focuses on higher-risk indoor public settings where face coverings cannot always be worn.” Masks are worn at all times on our premises, and we are implementing additional cleaning of high-touch surfaces and maintaining appropriate physical distancing in our space. Hand sanitizer and disposable masks are also available on site for visitors. Open Studio occupies 6,400 square feet, has high ceilings, and excellent ventilation systems in place.
- Our galleries, office and physical shop are open Tuesday to Saturday, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (EST)*.
- We are currently allowing only five visitors at a time in our front-of-house space and recommend booking access to view current exhibitions using the booking app at the bottom of each exhibition weblink.
- Our online shop is always open, with curbside pickup available during office hours.
- Our space is wheelchair accessible. There is street-level access into the 401 Richmond Building West from the new Richmond St. entrance (northeast corner of the building).
- 401 Richmond West building hours: Tuesday to Friday, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm*.
- *If you are unable to access the building, call our office at 416-504-8238.
We will continue to adjust our policies following updates from public health authorities. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by email. (Province of Ontario’s guidelines; PDF here).
Education Program – Proof of Vaccination
We have policies and procedures in place for working safely in our studio, based on public health recommendations. Because of the extended periods of time our education participants spend together in the studio, Open Studio will require all students and instructors to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 when arriving for the first day of class.
What we need to see:
- Receipt of your second vaccination (paper or digital). You can download vaccine receipts here
- Proof of identification that lists your name and date of birth
- More Info / FAQs here
Studio Use – Proof of Vaccination
As of Monday, October 25th, Open Studio will require all studio users to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 when arriving for their first day of studio use. What we will need to see:
- Receipt of your second vaccination (paper or digital). Download receipts here
- Proof of identification that lists your name and date of birth (FAQs here)
- The signing of the latest studio waiver [we will provide this before you book time/purchase rent]
Health & Safety Precautions
- Prior to visiting, please perform a self-check. Please postpone your visit if you are not feeling well.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building.
- Use hand sanitizer where available and keep a physical distance of two metres.
- We are currently allowing only five visitors at a time in our front-of-house space.
- We are cleaning high-touch surfaces and have disposable masks and sanitizer available on site.
Access to our Studio Facilities
- Studio facilities are open 24/7 for pre-approved members only (who have received a studio orientation).
- New member orientations will resume in the fall; join our waitlist here.
- Pre-approved members must have a studio and a building fob to access the space.
- Approved members can book one area at a time (two people per area, studio occupancy set at twenty to accomodate classes and instructors).
- Booking slots: six-hour time-slots, which can be booked in consecutive blocks if you require more time.
- Members can purchase rent + book equipment online here.
- Masks required and social distancing maintained; members are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their areas.
- Note: Members must sign our usage policies & health and safety waiver; please email to receive it.
If you have questions, please send us an email.
Stay safe and well,
The Open Studio Team
Open Studio’s Social Media Channels: Instagram; Facebook; Twitter
Join our mailing list here.
Want to support Open Studio further? Please consider making a donation! Every bit helps fulfill our mission to provide access to a barrier-free, inclusive and affordable printmaking facility in downtown Toronto. Thank you for your support!
Categorised in: News