June 1, 2022
Visiting Open Studio
Public Access to our Galleries, Office & Physical Shop
Open Studio is located on the ground floor of 401 Richmond, Suite #104.
Getting to Open Studio
- Open Studio, 401 Richmond Street West, Suite 104 (first floor), Toronto, Ontario
- The closest intersection is Spadina/Richmond, by Queen Street
- TTC: 501 Streetcar to Queen (Spadina stop) or a 10min walk from Osgoode station
- Bike: bike racks are available at the front/back of the building; use them at your own risk
- Car: affordable parking is located at 66 Sullivan St. https://www.parkme.com/
- Note: if you’re taking a course after-hours, you will need to buzz in to get into the building: at any entry phone, scroll the list until you find Open Studio 1 DIRECTORY CODE_082 and press CALL
- Open Studio occupies 6,400 square feet, has high ceilings, and excellent ventilation systems in place
- Our space is wheelchair accessible
- Unable to access the building? Email [firstname.lastname@example.org] or call 416-504-8238
Public Hours (Galleries, Office & Shop)
Tuesday – Friday: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
CLOSED: Sunday – Monday
Curbside pick-up is available for online shop orders during office hours. Masks are required and social distancing is being maintained. Drop-in visits have resumed. For a list of current shows, please click here.
Studio Access & 401 Richmond Access
Studio Access Health & Safety Notes
- Prior to visiting, please perform a self-check. Please postpone your visit if you are not feeling well
- Studio facilities are open 24/7 for pre-approved studio users [who have received a studio orientation]
- Orientations for new studio users have resumed; we’re working through a backlog and will be in touch ASAP
- We encouraged that all users using the studio are vaccinated, and boosted
- Masks are encouraged in the galleries, office and shop, and must be worn in the studio
- Studio users must sign our usage policies & health and safety waiver; email us [email@example.com]
- Studio bookings are mandatory in order to reserve and guarantee equipment access
- Studio access bookings are reserved for four-hour time slots, which can be booked in consecutive blocks
- Approved studio users must have fobs for the 401 Richmond building and the studio doors to gain access
- Approved studio users can purchase rent online here and book equipment online here
- Studio users are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their areas
- The studio kitchen is open and limited to 2 people
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Open Studio’s Social Media Channels: Instagram; Facebook; Twitter. Join our mailing list here.
Stay safe and well,
The Open Studio Team
Want to support Open Studio further? Please consider making a donation! Every bit helps fulfill our mission to provide access to a barrier-free, inclusive and affordable printmaking facility in downtown Toronto. Thank you for your support!
Categorised in: News