Studio, Rental Rates & Booking Equipment
Located in the renowned historic arts building, 401 Richmond, suite 104, Open Studio’s expansive and well-equipped 6,000 sq/ft studio has production facilities and equipment for relief, intaglio, screenprinting, lithography (including photo-based processes), and basic computer equipment.
We are spacious and barrier-free facility that incorporates both traditional and new technologies, including a digital lab that allows for mixed media implementation with printmaking techniques.
Day pass = $40 (current day rate during COVID-19)
5-Day Booklet = $200
Weekly pass = $100
Monthly pass = $200
6-Months = $750
Year = $1,200 (can be paid in instalments)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Important: The day rental rate is ONLY available at this time (during COVID-19).
- Until the studio is running at full-time capacity, all year-long rentals will remain paused. Anyone wishing to book the studio must use a full day pass (no half-day passes are being accepted at this time).
- Approved members must fill out and sign the new Open Studio usage policies document here.
- New members pay a one-time new member access fee of $25
- $75 annual membership fee.
- Monthly passes run a consecutive 30 days.
- Multi-month passes must run consecutively.
- Individual day passes expire one year from time of purchase.
- All facility rental purchases are final sale.
- No refunds, credits or substitutions for any unused portions of pre-paid rental purchases.
- No replacements for unused, lost or stolen day passes.
- Prices are subject to change.
Studio rent covers all in-house materials such as acids, solvents, cleaning solutions, rags, and any other chemicals required. The studio rental rates do not exceed the operating costs of the studio and therefore are exempt from tax.
Members can rent a flat file drawer or locker at $25 per month or $75 per year.
- Studio users must book equipment using the secure website SuperSaas.
- For the first phase of studio reopening each equipment area (intaglio/relief, screenprinting, lithography, computer) can be booked for one person at a time.
- A booking will cost $40 day pass, passes can be purchased here.
- The studio will be open Wednesday – Saturday, 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Need help booking? Please review this document. If you have more questions send an email to the Technical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intaglio & Relief Equipment
- 1 American French Tool etching press – 48” x 78” press bed
- 1 American French Tool press – 30” x 48” press bed
- 1 Charles Brand press – 16” x 30” press bed
- 1 Sturges press – 16” x 48” press bed
- 1 Vandercook electric type high relief press – 15” x 20” bed size
- Letterpress furniture and limited collection of type
- 1 Metal plate cutter – blade width 37.5”
- 1 Stainless steel paper soaking tray – 37” x 52”
- 1 Vertical ferric chloride acid bath – 18” x 24”
- 1 Hot plate
- Fusion boxes for aquatint
- Rosin box for aquatint
- Assorted hand rollers and brayers, including viscosity set
- 1 Accu-Glide Screenprinting vacuum table – 24” x 30”
- 2 Accu-Glide Screenprinting vacuum tables – 25” x 38” (one with squeegee arm)
- 1 Vacuum printing tables – 44” x 32
- 1 Seri-Glide One-Person Squeegee Screenprinting table – 52” x 96”
- 1 American Masterprint One-Person Squeegee Screen Printing Table- 47”x 64”
- 1 Horizontal light table, 1 Vertical light table
- Screen coating room and screen storage closet
- Vented washout room with power spray washer
- Print drying racks
- Assorted squeegees
- Assorted screens available for rent
- Refrigerator for emulsion storage
- 1 Griffin press for stones or plates up to 39.5” x 72.5”
- 1 Praga press for stones or plates up to 30” x 46”
- 1 Wepplo motorized press for stones or plates up to 36” x 53”
- Stones ranging from book size up to 32” x 43”
- 1 Hydraulic hand-operated lift for moving stones
- 1 Graining sink
- Levigators, drying racks, leather rollers and portable stone tables for moving stones in progress
Photo Exposure Equipment
- NuArc 3000 watt single point light unit
- 60” x 70” wall mounted vacuum frame
- 2 – iMacs (20 “ & 27”)
- HP LaserJet 700 B+W printer, up to 12” x 20”
- Epson 1100xL opaque + transparency scanner
- Wacom Intuos 4 Drawing Tablet