WELCOME TO OUR STUDIO SPACE
Open Studio is located in the 401 Richmond (suite #104) arts-and-culture hub in downtown Toronto. Our expansive and well-equipped 6,000 sq/ft studio has production facilities and equipment for relief, intaglio, screenprinting, lithography (including photo-based processes), and basic computer equipment.
Our priority is to support artists in the creation and exhibition of contemporary print in an open-minded, inclusive, safe and collaborative environment.
To access the studio facilities independently, you should have some technical print knowledge to work safely on your own; however, we can also help you gain experience to become familiar with the studio if you do not have a printmaking background. Interested individuals are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Studio Access subject line to discuss the next steps.
Studio rent covers general rent expenses (heating/lighting etc.) and access to the studio.
All studio users must first hold current membership before accessing the facilities. Annual membership fees cover access to our booking system, activation of fobs (to the building and the studio), and an initial orientation. Membership also covers in-house materials/consumables such as acids, solvents, cleaning solutions, rags, and other chemicals
Additional benefits include discounts at select art stores/suppliers, like Above Ground Art Supplies, DeSerres, Gwartzman’s Art Supplies and The Japanese Paper Place. When you apply and/or renew your membership we’ll provide you with a membership card.
For a comprehensive list of what items are provided and what supplies fall under the responsibility of the artist, click HERE.
The online Bulletin will include relevant internal studio updates for members, as they arise.Bulletin
*Access fee is charged every month after the day of purchase. This subscription is binding for the first 12 months*, and monthly charges will continue to occur after the initial year. The price is subject to change at any time after a 30-day advanced notice.
- Studio users must first hold current membership before using the studio
- Studio users must have received an orientation to gain access
- Studio facilities are open 24/7 for pre-approved studio users
- We encouraged all users using the studio to be vaccinated and boosted
- Masks must be worn in the studio
- Studio users must sign our usage policies & health and safety waiver
- Bookings are mandatory to reserve and guarantee equipment access
- Bookings are in four-hour time-slot increments (can be booked consecutively)
- Studio users must have fobs for 401 Richmond building and the studio doors
- Studio users can purchase rent online and book equipment online
- Studio users are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their areas
- The studio kitchen is open and limited to 2 people
Please note that membership does not imply immediate studio access. Studio access is offered after orientation and the purchase of studio rent. To purchase a membership or to renew, please contact us by email.